- This event has passed.
Worcester Railers Pre-Game Block Party
October 22 @ 11:59 pm
Celebrate the start of the Railers fifth season with a family-friendly block party presented by Encore Boston Harbor. The Railers in partnership with Off the Rails will close down Commercial Street, behind the DCU Center for a 4:30 p.m. party! The afternoon will include live music, delicious barbecue, mascot appearances, and fun activity stations.
Live Music & Vendors
Special performance by local band, Third Gear!
This four-piece, Central Mass. cover band will get you moving and is the perfect way to launch hockey season in Worcester! From the Foo Fighters to Creedence Clearwater Revival, you are sure to enjoy this family-friendly performance.
Restaurant & Entertainment Partner
The Railers are bringing a little bit of Nashville to Opening Night! Off the Rails will be providing live entertainment, beer, and barbecue for patrons to enjoy prior to puck drop. Off the Rails is a from scratch kitchen featuring southern-style cuisine.
Want to See More Events?
To see all the events in the Worcester area from our trusted partners, click here.
Planning a Downtown Event?
Check out the events supplies and services available to you here.
Need Help Submitting an Event on Our Events Calendar?
- Go to the discovercentralma.org website and scroll to bottom of page
- To only enter events into the calendar and not become a Discover Central MA member, click Already a member? Login to your account
- Fill out the information in English to Create an Account and click Create Account
- You will then be directed to a page where you can post events
- Select Manage My Events to enter events into the calendar
- Click Create Event button
- Enter the name in English and dates of your event and select Create Event & Continue
- Add in all event details in English and an image that is under 690 pixels
- When finished, check the box that says Request addition to the Downtown Worcester Calendar
- Click Send to Review
All posted events will be subject to review by the Discover Central Massachusetts and Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District staff prior to approval. Please submit events at least two weeks in advance as it can take up to 7-9 days for your event to appear on our events calendar. Please review event guidelines HERE.