- This event has passed.
Reading Frederick Douglass Together
June 30, 2022 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Join NAACP Worcester for a public reading of Frederick Douglass' 1852 address "What, To The Slave, is the Fourth of July" on the Worcester Common! All who attend can share in the reading, taking turns to read Douglass' words aloud.
Rain Date: July 1, 2022
Sponsored by: NAACP Worcester, National Endowment for the Humanities, Mass Cultural Council, and Mass Humanities.
Want to See More Events?
To see all the events in the Worcester area from our trusted partners, click here.
Planning a Downtown Event?
Check out the events supplies and services available to you here.
Need Help Submitting an Event on Our Events Calendar?
- Go to the discovercentralma.org website and scroll to bottom of page
- To only enter events into the calendar and not become a Discover Central MA member, click Already a member? Login to your account
- Fill out the information in English to Create an Account and click Create Account
- You will then be directed to a page where you can post events
- Select Manage My Events to enter events into the calendar
- Click Create Event button
- Enter the name in English and dates of your event and select Create Event & Continue
- Add in all event details in English and an image that is under 690 pixels
- When finished, check the box that says Request addition to the Downtown Worcester Calendar
- Click Send to Review
All posted events will be subject to review by the Discover Central Massachusetts and Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District staff prior to approval. Please submit events at least two weeks in advance as it can take up to 7-9 days for your event to appear on our events calendar. Please review event guidelines HERE.