Encanto – Movies on the Common
September 1 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Join the City of Worcester Cultural Development Division, Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District, and Worcester Cultural Coalition on Thursday, September 1st downtown at the Worcester Common for the rescheduled installment of this season’s “Movies on the Common” series.
Step into the magical world of Disney’s “Encanto” to discover a heartfelt and whimsical family story for all to enjoy!
The movie will begin at sundown, though movie-goers may want to arrive as early as 6:30pm to select their seats. Available space is on a first-come, first serve-basis -attendees may bring their own blankets or chairs or use seating available on the Common. Refreshments can be purchased on-site, or attendees can bring their own.
English closed captioning available for the Deaf and hard of hearing.
Disney’s “Encanto” (2021) – PG; 99 minutes.
Deep in the Colombian mountains, the Madrigal family possesses an extraordinary secret. Each member of the family is able to perform magic. Yet at the heart of the family is 15-year-old Mirabel, who does not seem to possess any unusual abilities. Faced with this harsh reality, Mirabel struggles to reconcile her place within her family while searching for who she truly is.
Want to See More Events?
To see all the events in the Worcester area from our trusted partners, click here.
Planning a Downtown Event?
Check out the events supplies and services available to you here.
Need Help Submitting an Event on Our Events Calendar?
- Go to the discovercentralma.org website and scroll to bottom of page
- To only enter events into the calendar and not become a Discover Central MA member, click Already a member? Login to your account
- Fill out the information to Create an Account and click Create Account
- You will then be directed to a page where you can post events
- Select Manage My Events to enter events into the calendar
- Click Create Event button
- Enter the name and dates of your event and select Create Event & Continue
- Add in all event details and an image that is under 690 pixels
- When finished, check the box that says Request addition to the Downtown Worcester Calendar
- Click Send to Review
All posted events will be subject to review by the Discover Central Massachusetts and Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District staff prior to approval. Please submit events at least two weeks in advance as it can take up to 7-9 days for your event to appear on our events calendar. Please review event guidelines HERE.