- This event has passed.
Inkscape: Design Stickers with Technocopia (August)
August 24, 2022 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Explore the design software Inkscape to learn how artists turn images into vectors and create original graphics. Digital art created in the 2D Inkscape platform can be used on the web, in print, or to make a physical product like a sticker. Join us to create a two dimensional model of your own or one inspired by a media or literary source! Every student will be able to submit one 5” x 5” design for cutting on the library’s vinyl cutter. These stickers will be available at the library two weeks after the workshop date. Ages 16+. Basic knowledge of computers and a valid email address required.
Thank you to our Summer Reading sponsors: UniBank, Mattina R. Proctor Foundation, Country Bank, Walmart, Cornerstone Bank, District Attorney Joseph D. Early, Jr.’s Office, Price Chopper’s Golub Foundation, Bob’s Discount Furniture, bankHometown, Friends of the Worcester Public Library, and the Worcester Public Library Foundation.
Want to See More Events?
To see all the events in the Worcester area from our trusted partners, click here.
Planning a Downtown Event?
Check out the events supplies and services available to you here.
Need Help Submitting an Event on Our Events Calendar?
- Go to the discovercentralma.org website and scroll to bottom of page
- To only enter events into the calendar and not become a Discover Central MA member, click Already a member? Login to your account
- Fill out the information in English to Create an Account and click Create Account
- You will then be directed to a page where you can post events
- Select Manage My Events to enter events into the calendar
- Click Create Event button
- Enter the name in English and dates of your event and select Create Event & Continue
- Add in all event details in English and an image that is under 690 pixels
- When finished, check the box that says Request addition to the Downtown Worcester Calendar
- Click Send to Review
All posted events will be subject to review by the Discover Central Massachusetts and Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District staff prior to approval. Please submit events at least two weeks in advance as it can take up to 7-9 days for your event to appear on our events calendar. Please review event guidelines HERE.