Champions for Children
September 8 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Champions for Children is an evening to celebrate, honor, and raise funds to ensure the continuing efforts of advocacy and support of children in Worcester County that have been abused or neglected.
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Project Worcester County is a not-for-profit organization committed to speaking for the best interests of abused and neglected children in the Worcester County Courts. The CASA Project, a member of the National CASA Association, recruits, screens, and trains community volunteers to become Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), also known as Guardians ad Litem (GAL). Appointed by judges to help on the most heart-breaking cases in the foster care system, CASAs help abused and neglected children navigate the Worcester County Juvenile Courts, one child or sibling group at a time.
Champions for Children will feature seven local multicultural food vendors serving samples of their unique cuisine, a cash bar, and live entertainment. This event will honor five members of the community, thanking them for their important role in advancing the work of the organization. The event raises critical funds for CASA Project Worcester County to recruit, screen, and train volunteers from the community to be appointed advocates for children that have been abused or neglected in Worcester County.
Want to See More Events?
To see all the events in the Worcester area from our trusted partners, click here.
Planning a Downtown Event?
Check out the events supplies and services available to you here.
Need Help Submitting an Event on Our Events Calendar?
- Go to the discovercentralma.org website and scroll to bottom of page
- To only enter events into the calendar and not become a Discover Central MA member, click Already a member? Login to your account
- Fill out the information to Create an Account and click Create Account
- You will then be directed to a page where you can post events
- Select Manage My Events to enter events into the calendar
- Click Create Event button
- Enter the name and dates of your event and select Create Event & Continue
- Add in all event details and an image that is under 690 pixels
- When finished, check the box that says Request addition to the Downtown Worcester Calendar
- Click Send to Review
All posted events will be subject to review by the Discover Central Massachusetts and Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District staff prior to approval. Please submit events at least two weeks in advance as it can take up to 7-9 days for your event to appear on our events calendar. Please review event guidelines HERE.