Call for Artists
July 26 @ 12:00 am - August 30 @ 11:59 pm
This is a FREE & OPEN call for artists! Submit your work by August 24th at 8pm to be included in the Bouncy House Time Machine exhibit at the Worcester PopUp. Submissions will be accepted until August 31st at 2pm, but will be subject to exhibit availability.
Please click here to learn more and submit your art!
September 14th to October 6th
Opening reception: Thurs Sept 15th 6-10pm
Worcester PopUp | 20 Franklin St, Worcester, MA 01608
The exhibit is free to view at the Worcester PopUp for its entire duration. Artists and the public are invited to the free opening reception, where there will be sweets, a cash bar, games, music, and of course — a BOUNCY HOUSE!
BHTM is friendly to all ages but targets the experiences of adults 18+. Any and all people wanting to share childlike happiness with each other are encouraged and welcome.
So much of what our community has experienced over the past few years has left adults with a need to grieve, be angry, be scared, and grow up in ways we never expected. It has also left us with a need to find joy in silly accidents, laugh like kids do, and view some days through the eyes of a child.
In this exhibit, artists are encouraged and even challenged to think and create like kids again. We will transform the PopUp into a happy place for one’s inner child, and encourage adults to let their worries go while in that space. I hope that our community can have a brief respite from “adulting” in this era when they experience Bouncy House Time Machine.
Whether you think of finding bugs and cool rocks on a walk, the smell of sunscreen at summer camp, or silly playground scrapes, your memories and your joy are welcome. Allow yourself to view life and art with cheer, innocence, and wide-eyed curiosity. This exhibit is open to anyone wanting to feel like a kid again, through art of their own and as admirers of others’.
Want to See More Events?
To see all the events in the Worcester area from our trusted partners, click here.
Planning a Downtown Event?
Check out the events supplies and services available to you here.
Need Help Submitting an Event on Our Events Calendar?
- Go to the discovercentralma.org website and scroll to bottom of page
- To only enter events into the calendar and not become a Discover Central MA member, click Already a member? Login to your account
- Fill out the information to Create an Account and click Create Account
- You will then be directed to a page where you can post events
- Select Manage My Events to enter events into the calendar
- Click Create Event button
- Enter the name and dates of your event and select Create Event & Continue
- Add in all event details and an image that is under 690 pixels
- When finished, check the box that says Request addition to the Downtown Worcester Calendar
- Click Send to Review
All posted events will be subject to review by the Discover Central Massachusetts and Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District staff prior to approval. Please submit events at least two weeks in advance as it can take up to 7-9 days for your event to appear on our events calendar. Please review event guidelines HERE.